Someone asked me the other day, “Lisa, as a home and closet organizer, do you ever slow down? I watch all that you are doing and it makes me tired!” I laughed and said “I absolutely do!” I am a very motivated and goal oriented person, however I do get tired. Sometimes my house is a mess, or I get behind on paperwork and laundry. I’m sure you all can relate. I have learned the secret of balance and I have a few things that help me find time to slow down.
Here are a few things that I do:
- I do not attend every invitation that I am given. Before you say yes, pause and really consider the offer and what that means to your energy and happiness.
- I make time for friends, especially ones that make me laugh. I have one great friend that I meet with a few times a week in the afternoon to have coffee. It helps us to both decompress.
- I visit with awesome business women who provide valuable wisdom. Rather than spinning my wheels, I try to learn from others.
- I attend ladies fellowship groups. I always leave inspired and reminded of God’s promises.
- I take naps! This childhood tradition is one of my favorite things.
A fun story: I love to travel. It allows me time to get away and reset. Recently I wanted to go to Boston and my husband said it wasn’t in the budget. I argued that it allows me to get a lot of writing accomplished. My “at times” comedic husband said, “Why don’t you go sit in an airport?” “Uh, no” I replied while laughing. We compromised and I stayed at a local Sugar Land / Houston hotel. It gave me the space I needed to getaway while staying productive and it fit the budget. It was great!
Lisa Giesler, Professional Organizer, Speaker, Author of Uncluttered: Discovering Strength and Purpose in the Chaos of Life on Amazon