7 Ways To Get Productive And Creative
Do you want to be more productive and creative. Someone asked me the other day, “Lisa do you ever slow down? I watch all that you are doing and it makes me tired!” I laughed and said “I absolutely do”.
I am a very motivated and goal oriented person, but I do get tired. Sometimes my house is a mess and I get behind on paperwork and laundry. There are secrets that I have learned to balance and that slowing down helps me to be productive and creative.
Here are few things that I do:
- I do not attend every invitation that I am given.
- I have a great friend who I like to have coffee with a few times a week in the afternoon. It helps us to both decompress.
- I have awesome business women who I stop and visit with, they provide valuable wisdom.
- Ladies fellowship groups provide inspiration and reminders of God’s promises.
- One of my favorite things to do is take a nap or sleep in when I have time.
- Change scenery. Sometimes working in the same place can feel mundane. My son claims that going to a coffee shop, with a slight buzz of noise in the background is absolutely inspirational.
- I love to travel. It allows me to get away and reset. Recently I wanted to go to Boston and my husband said it wasn’t in the budget. I get a lot of writing accomplished travelling. In the nature of my at times comedic husband he said, “Why don’t you go sit in an airport?”, “uh, no” was my reply. We compromised and I stayed at a local hotel, it was great!
Our bodies are not meant to go non-stop. At some point we will feel burn out. Resting allows our body to heal, re-energize, and then we can be inspired to be productive and creative.
Lisa Giesler, Professional Organizer, Author, Speaker
Be sure to get a copy of my 2nd book Uncluttered: Discovering Strength and Purpose in the Chaos of Life